1. Christmas shopping amongst the lights! This is something I like to do most years, not even to buy presents (because I get most of them online), but to get into the Christmas spirit. I’m hoping to go into London at some point because I feel like the Christmas atmosphere is so wonderful there.
2. Watch Christmas films! I normally watch one or two on Christmas Day anyway but never that many, and then I regret it once Christmas is over. This year I’m going to try and watch some different ones than usual, so let me know if you have any recommendations!
3. Go to Winter Wonderland with friends! I’ve been there a few times already but it’s such a warm and happy atmosphere and I really love it.
4. Eat as many roast dinners as I can?! This is a must. I absolutely love roast dinners but I hardly ever have them except for when it’s Christmas, so I have to make the most of it!
5. Baking! Whether this is Christmas themed or not, I’d love to bake a cake or some cookies. Since I don’t get to do this much at uni, it would be a nice way to treat myself and others over the holiday.
6. Play games! Whether this is having a heated game of monopoly with family or playing a Christmas drinking game with friends, I think it’d be a fun way to spend time with others.
7. Eat lots of mince pies! Okay to be honest, I’ve already done a lot of this.
8. Read some books for fun! It sounds insane, but I never get to do this because studying Literature at uni involves reading consistently for the course. It will be nice to sit on the sofa with blankets and hot chocolate and read without thinking about studying.
9. Enjoy travelling! I am going abroad to New York this year, which I am very excited about! It has been a while since I’ve been away with my Dad and brother, so it will be nice to spend some time with them!
10. Have a nice, relaxing break! The last few weeks have been incredibly stressful for me, due to countless essays, so it will be great to take a break from all of that and start the new year refreshed.
What are you looking forward to doing this Christmas?